Monday, April 20, 2009

Barcelona


Barcelona Cathedral
Originally uploaded by chlorinebeach
My last stop, and what a wonderful trip it was!

I stayed with the family of a girl I was once a camp counselor for, Mirna, (keep up those foreign contacts, kids!!), and they live in a beautiful house outside the city, just a 30 minute train ride away. The mother is Valencian, and all of the food she served me was so fresh and delicious I thought I was going to faint. It made me very excited to get food from the Farmer´s Market in NY.

I was here from Thursday until Monday (I fly out today), and I was getting over a cold for the first few days, so I tried to take it easy on myself. I still saw plenty, and I took a ton of pictures. I even got to exericse my Spanish skillz a little bit, when Mirna´s boyfriend gave me a tour of the city center entirely in Spanish.

It´s a place I would reccomend visiting, but make sure you do some research or buy a good guidebook before you get here- my guide would have been okay for a shorter stay, but I was walking around feeling like I had no idea of the context for what I was seeing aroun me.

And here´s a little video I took yesterday, before my rockin´ sunburn showed up on my neck-



And as always, if you want to see more pictures, just click on the photo in the post.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Me = jealous. Barcelona is one of my top cities to go to. My mom keeps saying that I should just go this summer and run wild, and I keep reminding her about, you know, money.

Mima said...

so your dad says: I think Beth's ready to come home. She was alone in Barcelona From your description it sounds as if you had a great time. Maybe it's your dad who wants you home. Papa and I said: Oh Barcelona we're dying to go there. If we'd thought of it we could have met Beth there. Wouldn't that have been fun? But we just got back from FL and Papa was having trouble with a tooth so Barcelona was really only wishful thinking. See you soon xxox Mima

Alberg said...

Interesting text. You have a nice blog. Keep it up!