Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hey y'all


2009.2.16- Outside Canterbury Cathedral
Originally uploaded by chlorinebeach

Long time, no blog- I am exceedingly sorry! My family visited this week, and I was so busy running around having fun with them that I was barely near the computer at all.

Here's a short list of things I have done:

-Jazz/Bellowhead concert at the Southbank Centre, Silent Rave in Leicester Square
-Visit to Canterbury + the Cathedral
-Delicious French food at "La Poule Aux Pot" with the family
-Saw "Taming of the Shrew"
-Bought some pretty headscarves at Liberty of London
-Multiple sleepovers at the flat my family stayed in
-Visit to Warwick castle, broke my camera
-Saw a great production of "The Tempest"
-Visit to Avon, went to Anne Hathaway's house + Holy Trinity where Will is buried.

So I've been busy!

My camera broke when I was sitting at a picnic table- it slipped out of my pocket + hit the ground. I didn't think anything of it, and went on with my life, but the next time I tried to turn it on it made a scary grinding noise + wouldn't cooperate. Needless to say I was very upset, and thought I tried not to let it spoil my day, but I'm still very disappointed.
Fortuitously, my parents were in town this week, so they let me have the old family camera (which is kind of on it's way out anyway), + took mine home to see if it can be repaired.

I'm a little disappointed, because though I had wanted a new camera for some time, I was hoping to buy a nice camera- probably a few steps down from an SLR. There's a lot of research involved in buying a new one, which I just really don't have time to do right now. AND, I had been planning on buying a new computer (a desktop) this summer- I don't have the extra money for a camera.

But I have my parent's camera, + I have learned my lesson- keep the camera in a case.

No comments: