Saturday, January 31, 2009

Monthly Playlist: January


Week 3, originally uploaded by chlorinebeach.

Let's Misbehave, Elvis Costello: I spent all of the first week of January re watching the YouTube video of Christopher Walkin tapdancing in "Pennies from Heaven." When I went to the mall with my dad to hit up some New Year's sales, FYE was going out of business, and along with a lot of other CDs, I snagged the soundtrack to "De-Lovely", the movie.

I Don't Care, Fall Out Boy: Milton burned me the new Fall Out Boy CD, and I played it in the car for a while. I find this song really quite funny, I think in the way it's actually supposed to be perceived for once (I don't know what's weird anymore).

I Miss You, Bjork: I love Bjork. 'Nuff said.

Rave on, Buddy Holly: We went to see "Buddy" with the program, and it re-ignited my love for Mr. Holly. And you know what? After seeing that show, I hear his music EVERYWHERE. What is it with these people and 50's Americana?

Lying is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off, Panic! At the Disco: In my Modern Drama class, we're doing a scene from "Closer" (I'm the director apparently, yikes!), and the title of this song is actually a line from the show. Re-listening to the song, I think the song may have been written about the show, so I'm planning on using it. Somehow.

'Alfie' + 'Smile (Gutter Mix)', Lily Allen: I have the Time Out London bumper on my iGoogle homepage, and the other day it was advertising a concert of hers in my area. It was sold out, however, so I jumped onto iTunes to see if I couldn't find anything I like. She's a ton of fun, it turns out, and her new album comes out soon, so I'll have to check that out.

Until it Talks, Divide + Create: the Bootie blog just released their Best of Bootie 2008 album (what's that you say? Never heard of bootie? RUN, don't walk, to your nearest search engine and check them out. They make mashups that will one day rule the world). While it's not quite as good as the Best of Bootie 2007 album, there are still some incredibly danceable tunes on that thing that make me miss my bangin' speaker system I have waiting for me on my desk at home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I an album of hers if you'd like a copy. (lily allen)
and don't but any razorblades before valentines day.

I have some surprises for you.